Self-Guided Dragon Hunt Archery Experience #1 on Tripadvisor (Sundays and School Holidays only)
From NZD $95.00
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelson, Nelson
Online bookings close 12 hours before tours start - for last minute bookings call us on 03-398 8043. No availability? Check the Guided option!
The Self-Guided Dragon Hunt Archery Experience
First-Time Archer Friendly!
Only available Sundays and during School Holidays
Our award winning, 5 star rated, world renowned archery adventure: The famous and unique Dragon Hunt! Experience an outdoor-archery adventure of a lifetime. Suitable for absolute beginners and experienced archers: Full training from qualified coaches and all required gear is included before you hit the trails on the hunt for wild foam beasts!
What is included:
- In-depth archery coaching at our practice range by our archery coach to get you up to speed
- All required equipment (bow, arrows, armguard, quiver to carry your arrows)
- A visit into the most amazing native bush with special and creative archery targets set into scene
- Plenty of time for shooting and walking on the archery trails - you set the pace
- You should have a medium to good fitness level and must wear good solid shoes (tramping shoes are best), the track is cut like a rough tramping track, steep and muddy in places
- Please bring a small backpack for your belongings, snacks, water, insect repellent and any emergency medication you may need
- Minimum age is 10yrs, and kids under 16yrs must be accompanied by a participating adult (18yrs+)
- Archery must be enjoyed sober
- All our T&Cs apply
Rules for Self-Guided:
- Minimum group size is 2 adults, for safety reasons
Lost or broken arrows are charged at $15 per arrow on your return (we take a security deposit in some form to make sure all items are returned). Other broken or lost rental gear is charged at replacement value.
Plan 10mins for a short 350m walk to the archery range, we suggest you arrive 15mins early on the car park of the Cable Bay Adventure Park
We expect you back at the range 3 hours after you start your walk into the 3D course (that's plenty of time).
"Great Value For Money
A great half day out, great value for money. Start out slow to get the technique right and then go for a walk through the native bush shooting targets. A great sense of achievement at the end of it…"
- Scott Carpenter