Self-Guided Dragon Hunt Archery Experience (17 April to 1 May only)
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelson, Nelson
Online bookings close 12 hours before tours start - for last minute bookings call us on 03-398 8043
The Self-Guided Dragon Hunt Archery Experience
First-Time Archer Friendly!
Only available between 18 April and 1 May 2022
Our award winning, 5 star rated, world renowned archery adventure as a self-guided option: The famous and unique Dragon Hunt! Experience an outdoor-archery adventure of a lifetime. Self-guided and beginner friendly with all gear included.
Are you confident enough to face a Dragon on your own? Shooting without a coach after your initial training? Not worried about getting lost in the bush (on a marked trail)? Happy to do a longer walk? Wanting to split away from others after the initial training? Then read on!
What is included in the Self-Guided Experience:
- In-depth archery coaching at our practice range by our archery coach to get you up to speed
- A self-guided visit into the native bush with special and creative archery targets set into scene
- All required equipment (bow, arrows, armguard, quiver to carry your arrows)
- A map to find your way
- An explanation of the shooting rules on the 3D archery course
- Plenty of walking
- You should have a medium to good fitness level and must wear good solid shoes (tramping shoes are best), the track is cut like a rough tramping track, steep and muddy in places
- Please bring a small backpack for your belongings, snacks, water, insect repellent and any emergency medication you may need
- Minimum age is 10yrs, and kids under 16yrs must be accompanied by a participating adult (18yrs+)
- Archery must be enjoyed sober
- All our T&Cs apply
Rules for Self-Guided:
- Minimum group size is 2 adults, for safety reasons
- You must carry a charged cellphone and 1st aid kit (we have loan ones for $15 per day) in case of emergency
- Lost or broken arrows are charged at $15 per arrow on your return (we take a security deposit in some form to make sure all items are returned)
- Other broken or lost rental gear is charged at replacement value
- Plan 10mins for a short 350m walk to the archery range, we suggest you arrive 15mins early on the car park of the Cable Bay Adventure Park
- We expect you back at the range 3 hours after your start your walk into the 3D course (usually plenty of time), otherwise we need to charge overtime at $15 per 30mins per person
"Great Value For Money
A great half day out, great value for money. Start out slow to get the technique right and then go for a walk through the native bush shooting targets. A great sense of achievement at the end of it…"
- Scott Carpenter